Friday, October 15, 2010

Only an accident.

     Dorthy clenched her teeth and gave her husband a deathly stare. Tom could do nothing in return except to wait for all hell to break loose. All it took was a slight quiver in his neck and the bomb exploded.
     "I cannot believe you Thomas William Hebert, I have never been more embarrassed in my entire life!"
     Tom swung his head slowly it the other direction, "I told you it was an accident" he murmured.
     "Yes I know that", Dorthy quickly retorted, not giving him a chance to say anything else. "I do not believe how immature and disrespectful you are; this is not the man I married two years ago."
     "Can you not see that I feel bad enough already!?" The blood was slowly rising to Tom's head as he grew more angry by the second. Dorthy knew she was pushing the limits but chose to continue.
    "You could be in jail, or worse you could be dead!" raising her voice almost to the point of screaming. And with that, Tom sprang up out of the bed and took a powerful stance, showing all his rage directed straight at Dorthy.
     "I am so sick of being treated like this! I am a grown man for god's sake."
     "I don't want to start this again", Dorthy realized what she was getting into and took a defencive position on the other side of the bed, "You know that all I am only looking out for you."
     "You said that last time" spat out Tom.
     "Any yet you don't seem to lean!" She knew she was in too deep but showed no sign of letting up. "You are a fool."
     "How dare you speak to me like that"
     "You never learn," Dorthy muttered under her breath, "I am sick of you."
     "THAT IS IT!" roared tom "I am sick of everything Dorthy, I am sick of you and I am sick of us! We are through!"
With that, Tom stormed out of the room. The last Dorthy ever heard of him was the sound of his car screeching out of the driveway as he sped away.

No comments:

Post a Comment